Lesson for November 18.
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 10:1-11.
Memory Verses: Philippians 2:14,15.
- After God had so wonderfully delivered the children of Israel from the Egyptians and brought them through the Red Sea, what did they do? Numbers 14:2-4.
- Were they satisfied with what God had given them to eat? Numbers 11:4-6.
- Was God pleased with their murmuring? How did He punish them? Numbers 11:1.
- What further terrible punishment was brought upon the children of Israel because of this sin? Numbers 14:26-30.
- How many men of the children of Israel left the land of Egypt? Exodus 12:37.
NOTE: There were six hundred thousand men of Israel when they left the land of Egypt. Out of this great number only two that were above the age of 20 years were allowed to enter the Promised Land. The rest all died in the wilderness. Thus we see the terrible punishment that they received.
- Is it right for people to complain about living conditions today? 1 Corinthians 10:10.
- While speaking of Israel, what important thing does Paul bring to our minds? 1 Corinthians 10:6,11.
- What further instruction does Paul give to us and why? Philippians 2:14,15.
NOTE: Complaining (murmuring) has no place in the life of a Christian. We live to bring forth praise to our Creator. Praise and murmuring are opposites.
- What should never be found in our conversation, and what should be the condition of our daily life at all times? Hebrews 13:5; 1 Timothy 6:6-8.
- If we have the Lord as our guide, what will be the condition of our hearts? Psalms 16:6,9.
- What kind of news will we be passing around to others? Isaiah 52:7.
- Will we bear a cross with joy, and deny ourselves in the work of the Lord? Luke 9:23-25.