Lesson for October 13, 2018
PROPHECY FORETOLD AND FULFILLED
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 53.
Memory Verse: Luke 18:31.
- In what words did Moses speak of Christ? Deut. 18:15.
- How may we know that the prophet spoken of by Moses is the Christ? Acts 3:20-24.
- Of what wonderful sign did the prophet Isaiah foretell? Isa. 7:14
- Was this prophecy fulfilled? Luke 1:26-31, 2:7; Matt. 1:22, 23.
- In what place was the Christ to be born according to Micah? Micah 5:2.
- Was this prophecy fulfilled? Matt. 2:1.
- What prophecy concerning Jesus is found in Hosea? Hosea 11:1.
- How was this fulfilled? Matt. 2:13, 14, 19-23.
- How was Christ’s advent to be heralded? Isa. 40:3.
- By whom was this fulfilled? Matt. 3:1-3; John 1:19-23.
- What did the prophet say would befall Christ? Isa. 53:7, 8.
- Was this fulfilled? Luke 18:31-33; Matt. 27:29, 30, 41, 42.
Note. — Truly the prophecies relative to the birth and death of Jesus have been most wonderfully fulfilled, yea, even to the letter. We may rest assured that the prophecies concerning the return of Jesus will also be fulfilled to the letter.