Lesson for October 20, 2018
A SAD PHASE OF REPENTANCE
Scripture reading: 1 Kings 21:1-23; Prov. 1:24-31.
Memory verse: Prov. 1:28.
Note. — The Heavenly Father gives all plenty of room, or space for repentance, but many will not listen. However, there is a time coming when all will fall down before Him, but, sad to say, it will be too late.
- What do the Scriptures tell of the outcome of the Jezebel claw? Rev. 2:20-22.
- There are those who will wake up to the fact that they have betrayed the One who would have brought eternal life. What outcome can they expect? Matt. 27:3-5.
- In what way did the Lord Jesus contrast the people of His generation with those of Jonah’s? Luke 11:32.
- What will be the very sad fate of the foolish virgins? Matt. 25:10, 12.
- What was Esau’s sad experience when he wished to repent? Heb. 12:15-17.
- What reason does the Lord give for some not finding Him and being destroyed? Prov. 1:28-32.
- What will false professors meet? Matt. 7:21-23.
- Why did a certain fig tree have to be cut down? Luke 13:6-9.
Note. —Although this tree had the power to bear fruit and had been well planted and cared for and reached fruit-bearing age, it was barren. It had no place in the Lord’s garden. Each one should carefully examine himself, taking an inventory of his life to see if he is of any value to the Lord in soul winning.