Lesson for October 27, 2018
SHINING FOR JESUS
Scripture Reading: 1 Thess. 5.
Memory Verse: John 8:12.
- Who is the light of the world? How must those walk who follow this light? John 8:12; 9:5.
- How did Jesus let His light shine? Acts 10:38.
- What is said of the cities which He visited? Matt. 4:16.
- What did Jesus say His people are? For what purpose do men place a light in a dark place? Matt. 5:14-16.
- How are the Christian people to make use of the light which God has given them? 2 Cor. 4:6; 1 Pet. 2:12.
- What great danger threatens those who do not walk in the light? John 12:35.
- How are the people of God to regard the Bible, God’s Holy Word? Psa. 119:105; 12:6.
- What class of people stumble? When? John 11:9, 10; Matt. 15:14.
- Are Jesus and the Word separable? John 1:4, 14.
Note. — We see that in the beginning Jesus was the Word, and the Word is a lamp and a light unto all whom the Lord has chosen. Therefore, we must expect that the people of the Lord will continue to believe and cherish the Word, and not dissect it as we find many are doing at this present time.
- What did Jesus say about the light? John 8:12.
- Are the born again people permitted to walk in darkness or have fellowship with the same? Eph. 5:11; Rom. 13:12; 2 Cor. 6:14.
- What was Paul’s admonition to the Philippians brethren? Phil. 2:15.
- If we refuse to walk in the light what may we expect? Eph. 5:6; 2 Thess. 2:10-12.
- If we say that we are Christians and walk in darkness what are we proving? 1 John 1:6.
- How will we conduct ourselves towards the brethren if we walk in the light? 1 John 2:9-11.