Lesson for November 3, 2018
MINISTERIAL SUPPORT IN THE CHRISTIAN
Scripture reading: Romans 10:1-17.
Memory verse: Romans 10:15.
- What commission did Jesus give to His apostles after His resurrection? Matt. 28:19, 20.
- What is the object of preaching the gospel? Mark 16:15-16.
- Upon what authority were they sent to preach? Matt. 28:18; John 20:21.
- After the gospel is preached, what is the sinner’s obligation? Rom. 10:13; Acts 2:37-38.
- What are the necessary steps to bring the gospel to sinners? Rom. 10:14.
Note. — Hearing and believing are two primary elements in salvation. Upon these the “calling on Him” is based, which is the third element. But these are still contingent on the sending and preaching. One who is filled with divine love for souls may devote some time in his vicinity to bring them, to Christ, but when the stakes are strengthened and the cords are lengthened then sending more messengers becomes necessary to spread the gospel.
- What is said about those who plant a vineyard? 1 Cor. 9:7.
- What authority did he cite for this? Verses 8-9.
- For whose, sake did he say this was written? 1 Cor. 9:9, 10.
- When ministers sow unto sinners spiritual things — the gospel — what should they logically reap? V. 11.
- What example did he quote for this? Vs. 13-14.
- He says “even so” or in the same way are the ministers now to be supported; how were they supported then? Lev. 27:30-33.
- What challenge does the Lord give the people to prove that He will bless them? Mal. 3:8-11.