Lesson for November 10, 2018
EXAMPLES OF OBEDIENCE AND DISOBEDIENCE
Scripture reading: Matthew 7:13-29.
Memory verse: Deuteronomy 28:1.
- What befell the sons of Aaron when they disobeyed the Lord’s commandments? Leviticus 10:1-3; Numbers 3:4.
- What was Abraham’s reward for being obedient? Hebrews 11:8; Genesis 22:17, 18.
- What catastrophe came upon the house of Eli? 1 Samuel 2:34, 35; 3:17, 18.
Note. — Disobedience always causes disaster in one form or another. Obedience is the act of conforming to the commands of a superior. It is one of the fundamentals necessary to the Christian life. Faith in itself is a simple form of obedience.
- Due to their disobedience, what befell the Israelites who came out of the captivity of Egypt? Numbers 14:24, 30, 36-38; 26:65.
- How does God look on the obedient and disobedient? Proverbs 15:9; 12:2; 8:18-21.
- What good admonition did Moses give to Israel? Deuteronomy 4:14.
- Was Jesus, our great example, also our example in obedience? Mark 14:36; Romans 5:19; Philippians 2:8.
Note. – We can see by these passages and others that Christ was tempted, that He was human, that He was put to every test: yet with that wonderful self effacement He came forth from every trial obedient even unto death.
- By the obedience of Christ we are saved. How did Jesus learn obedience? Hebrews 5:7-8.