Lesson for October 21.
Scripture Reading: Matthew 6:1-21.
Memory Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
- How did the Psalmist address the Creator? Psalms 65:2.
- What is prayer? Psalms 142:1.
- What instruction regarding prayer is given to God’s people? Luke 21:36; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Colossians 4:2.
- Why should we be diligent in prayer? 1 Peter 5:8.
- What is the example of Jesus concerning prayer? Mark 1:35; Luke 22:44; Hebrews 5:7.
- Was Jesus sure that God always heard His prayers? John 11:41,42.
- Should we have the same assurance? Matthew 7:7,8; James 5:17,18.
- On what conditions has God promised to hear and grant our petitions? 1 John 3:22; 5:14,15.
- What sometimes hinders prayers from being answered? Proverbs 28:9; James 1:6-8; 4:3; Psalms 66:18.
- What encouragement is given to those who pray when in trouble? Psalms 34:7; 46:1-3; 107:6.
- Do our prayers really ascend to God? Rev. 8:3; 5:8.
- Whose example should we avoid when praying? Matthew 6:5-8.
- What instruction is given to the remnant church? What results will follow if this admonition is heeded? Philippians 4:5-7.