Lesson for October 28.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TEACHERS
Scripture Reading: Titus 2.
Memory Verse: 1 Peter 5:10.
- Do we still need teachers in the work toward the perfecting of the Saints? Ephesians 4:11,12.
- Should ministers be able to teach? 2 Timothy1:11.
- What is the qualification for a Bishop or local Elder? 1 Timothy 3:2.
- What example of effective teaching do we find in Acts 18: 24-28?
- What special qualities make a person an effective teacher? 2 Timothy 2:24-26.
- Who was the greatest teacher? Matthew 13:54.
- Should a true teacher be able to interest and inspire his listeners? Luke 24:32; Matthew 7:29.
- Paul spoke of certain ones. What did he say they were in need of? Hebrews 5:12,13. Does he imply that a growth is necessary?
- How does one become skillful in the Word? Hebrews 5:14.
NOTE: Teaching is one of the five departments of the ministry. Also notice in verses 8, 10 and 11 of Eph 4, that it is the Lord that oversees the filling of each office. Heavenly gifts and callings are given for the purpose of helping others. 1 Corinthians 12:31; 14:1, 12.
- What beautiful words did James write on the giving of gifts? James 1:17.