Lesson for October 22, 2022
A MESSAGE TO THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL
Scripture Reading: Ezekiel 36.
Memory Verse: Ezekiel 36:24.
- To whom is this message especially sent? Ezekiel 36:1.
- What did the enemies say about the mountains of Israel? Ezekiel 36: 2.
- Is this message for our time following the period of desolation, or is it for a time in the past? Ezekiel 36:3.
- What is this message to the mountains of Israel? Ezekiel 36:4-7.
- What are the promises to the mountains of Israel for this time, and the future? What people are to possess them? Ezekiel 36:8-10.
- What is said about Israel’s treatment at this time? Will it be the same as before or better? Ezekiel 36:11.
- Will this land ever be desolate again? Ezekiel 36:12.
- What is said about Israel profaning the land, and about their punishment for their sins? Ezekiel 36:17-20.
- Did the Father have pity on Israel, and are the present blessings in regathering the Jews to Israel, because of their own righteousness? Ezekiel 36:22,32.
- Will there be a remnant of these people set apart for a sacred use (sanctified), and how was this work to be commenced with them? Ezekiel 36:23,24; Romans 9:27,28.
- What does the Father say about the ownership of the land where they are now being gathered? Does it belong to Israel? Ezekiel 36:24.
- Will their hearts be changed from stony hearts to hearts of flesh before they are gathered or afterwards? Ezekiel 36:24-27.
- What about blessings upon the land in making it fruitful, and will this have an effect upon the people in remembering their sins, and evil doings? Ezekiel 36:30,31.
- In the day when they are being cleansed of their iniquities, through a reception of the Spirit, will they be building the waste places and old cities, and will the country resemble the garden of Eden? Ezekiel 36:33-36.
- What event does the apostle Paul associate with the receiving of Israel again? Romans 11:15-21.