Lesson for October 29, 2022
THE ROYAL LINE OF JUDAH
Scripture Reading: Zechariah 12.
Memory Verse: Zechariah 13:1.
- What was foretold in the earliest prophecy concerning the tribe of Judah? Genesis 49:9,10.
- What blessings did Moses foretell for Judah? Deuteronomy 33:7.
- Who was first king from the Judah line? 2 Samuel 2:4; 5:3-5.
- Later, because of sin, what would happen to Judah? Jeremiah 13:19.
- How long was Judah’s captivity to last? Daniel 9:2; Jeremiah 25:11,12.
- What is foretold so long ago of Judah’s final destiny? Zechariah 2:12,13.
- With whom is the new covenant made? Jeremiah 31:31-37.
- What end time prophecies do we find in Zechariah 12?
- From what tribe did King Jesus come? Hebrews 7:14.
- When the angel appeared to Mary, what prophecy was given? Luke 1:31-33.
- Beautiful prophetic words, penned in Old Testament times, pertaining to the birth of Christ are found in Micah 5:2 and Isaiah 9:6,7.
- What is recorded in the book of Daniel concerning the Kingdom? Daniel 2:44.
Note. We have touched on only a few of the many important prophecies about Judah. All point to Christ and to the coming Kingdom.