Lesson for September 12, 2020
SETTING THE STAGE FOR ARMAGEDDON
Scripture reading: Joel 3.
Memory verse Joel 3:9.
- Before the nations are brought to judgment at Jerusalem which tribe will be there? Joel 3:1; Zechariah 12:2.
Note. — The valley of Jehoshaphat lies between Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives. It is a very long and steep valley.
- How long did Jesus say the Jews would be led into captivity? Luke 21:24.
- What conditions did He say would prevail in the earth as Gentile times come to an end? Luke 21:26, 27.
- What did the prophet Isaiah tell us concerning the ending of the Gentile rule over the world? Isaiah 34:1-5 (see margin).
Note. — Idumea (or Edom) refers to the Arab nations now surrounding little Israel, which are determined to destroy her.
- What does the prophet Zechariah say about Jerusalem becoming a point of controversy among the nations? Zechariah 12:2, 3.
- Will the Jews be at Jerusalem during this time? What is said about their strength in conquest? Verse 6.
- Before the final showdown comes and the nations are gathered against Jerusalem for judgment, is there to be a spiritual work accomplished among the Jews? Verse 7.
- How will this controversy over Zion finally end? Zechariah 14:1-3; Joel 3:16, 17.
- What will happen to the people who are against Jerusalem? Zechariah 14:12.
- What punishment will be inflicted upon the nations who will not acknowledge Christ Jesus as King? Verses 16, 17.