1. Why was the promise made to Abraham that he, and his seed should inherit the earth?
“Because that Abraham obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statues, and My laws,” Genesis 26:5.
2. With whom will the Lord keep covenant, and shew mercy?
“Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations,” Deuteronomy 7:9.
3. Upon whom does Christ pronounce a blessing?
“But He said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it,” Luke 11:28.
4. Will all those saying, Lord, Lord, be saved in the end?
“Not everyone that sayeth unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven,” Matthew 7:21.
5. Then who will be allowed to enter?
“But he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven,” same verse.
6. What plea will many have in that great day?
“Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?” Matthew 7:22.
7. What answer will they receive?
“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity,” Matthew 7:23.
8. To whom are the obedient likened?
“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock,” Matthew 7:24.
9. To whom are those likened, which hear, but fail to obey?
“And everyone that heareth these saying of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand,” Matthew 7:26.
10. Who does Paul say shall be justified?
“For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified,” Romans 2:13.
11. What does James say?
“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all,” James 2:10.
12. Of what law is James speaking?
He says in the next verse, “For He that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law,” James 2:11.
13. Who was the author of the words that said, “Do not commit adultery,” and also, “Do not kill”?
“These words the Lord spake . . . and He added no more. And He wrote them in two tables of stone,” Deuteronomy 5:22.
NOTE: By reading Exodus 20, and Deuteronomy 5, we find the contents of the two tables of stone. Ten precepts in all, and these are what James had reference to when he said, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point is guilty of all.”
14. In what way does James say one should show their faith?
“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works,” James 2:18.
15. And what of faith if it have not works?
“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” James 2:20.
16. By what was Abraham justified?
“Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? . . . Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only,” James 2:21-24.
17. In what condition must one be in order to eat the good of the land?
“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land,” Isaiah 1:19.
18. In what way must we show our love for Christ?
“If ye love Me, keep My commandments,” John 14:15.
19. What will we do if we love Christ?
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him,” John 14:23.
20. Did Christ speak His own, or His Father’s words?
“He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me,” John 14:24.
21. How may we abide in Christ’s love?
“If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father’s commandments, and abide in His love,” John 15:10.
22. Did Christ speak His own commandments?
“For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak,” Romans 15:18.
23. Should Gentiles be obedient to God?
“For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,” John 12:49.
24. Who will have the privilege of entering the Holy City?
“Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city,” Revelation 22:14.
25. By what name are those called who keep God’s commandments?
“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus,” Revelation 14:12.