1. What is said of the glorious city?
“Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah,” Psalm 87:3.
2. By whom was this city built?
“For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God,” Hebrews 11:10.
3. To what city will the righteous come?
“But ye are come unto Mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,” Hebrews 12:22.
4. What promise is given the overcomers?
“Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out:and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him My new name,” Revelation 3:12.
5. How long will this city remain?
“As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it forever. Selah,” Psalm 48:8.
6. Will the holy city be supplied with water, and in what form?
“There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High,” Psalm 46:4.
7. What did the apostle John say of this city?
“And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband,” Revelation 21:2.
8. Does the glorious city come to the earth while present conditions prevail, or after the earth has been made new?
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband,” Revelation 21:1, 2.
9. What proclamation from heaven is given at this time?
“Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God,” Revelation 21:3.
10. What is the size of this city?
“And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal,” Revelation 21:15, 16.
11. Of what will this city be composed?
“And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass,” verse 18.
12. How many foundations has the wall of this city, and what names are contained therein?
“And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb,” verse 14.
13. Of what are these foundations composed?
“And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst,” verses 19, 20.
14. How many gates are in the walls of this city, and of what are they composed?
“And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl,” verse 21.
15. With what very precious metal are the streets of the new Jerusalem paved?
“And the street of the city was pure gold’ as it were transparent glass,” verse 21.
16. What, or who will act as the temple of this wonderful city?
“And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it,” verse 22.
17. By what will the city be lighted?
“And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof,” verse 23.
18. Who will be allowed to walk in the light of the new Jerusalem?
“And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it,” verse 24.
19. Will the gates of this city be shut at all?
“And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there,” verse 25.
20. Will there be any death or pain in this glorious place?
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away,” verse 4.
21. What is necessary in order to enter that city?
“He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son,” verse 7.
22. By what standard will our lives be measured to determine whether or not we are fit subjects for this city?
“Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city,” Revelation 22:14.