1. When Christ comes to reign, where will His throne be located?
“The Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David: and He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever,” Luke 1:32, 33.
2. Since David’s throne was on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, then will not this be the exact location of Christ’s throne?
“The Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion from henceforth, even forever. And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem,” Micah 4:7, 8.
3. Since by reason of disobedience the temporal city of Jerusalem was not suffered to continue, then should we not look for one to come?
“For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come,” Hebrews 13:14.
4. As old Jerusalem was called the mother city under the old covenant promises, then is not New Jerusalem the mother city under the new covenant promise?
“But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all,” Galatians 4:26.
5. In the promise of eternal inheritance made to Abraham, Genesis 13:14, 15, was this holy city included?
“For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God,” Hebrews 11:10. (Note this is a real city with foundations.)
6. Have we any prophetic account of this city coming down to earth?
“And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men,” Revelation 21:2, 3.
7. Have we any description of the shape and size of this holy city?
“And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal,” Revelation 21:16.
NOTE: By counting eight furlongs to a mile, this makes the city measure 1500 miles in circumference or 375 miles square.
8. Is there a wall around this city, if so how many gates to enter the city through the
“And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates,” verse 12.
9. What is the material composition of this city, and of this wall?
“The building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass,” verse 18.
10. Of what are the gates composed, and the streets which enter the city?
“And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was of pure gold, as it were transparent glass,” verse 21.
11. What is this city to be lighted with?
“The city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof,” verse 23.
12. Will those who are changed to immortality, I Corinthians 15:51, I Thessalonians 4:17, and made kings and priests, Revelation 5:10, be permitted to enter this holy city?
“And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it,” verse 24.
13. Will any except the righteous be permitted to enter this holy city?
“And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life,” verse 27.
“Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city,” Revelation 22:14.
14. Will wickedness be on the earth after Christ begins His reign in the holy city?
“For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie,” Revelation 22:15. “There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out,” Luke 13:28. “The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies,” Psalm 110:2. “The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity,” Matthew 13:41. “For He must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet,” I Corinthians 15:25.
15. Christ comes and concludes the Battle of Armageddon, Zechariah 14:1-4. Will this walled city be here then?
“And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,” Ezekiel 38:11.
NOTE: this chapter outlines Armageddon Battle, Christ comes, verse 20.
16. Will this walled city be here immediately after Christ comes?
“But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. And He shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plow-shares, and their spears into pruning-hooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid,” Micah 4:1-4.
NOTE: This condition never was nor will be until Christ comes.
17. What proof have we that the walled city, the New Jerusalem, will be called the mountain of the Lord?
“Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain,” Zechariah 8:3.
18. Will Satan be on earth at the end of the thousand years?
“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,” Revelation 20:7.
19. When Satan is loosed what will he do and to whom will he go?
“And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea,” Revelation 20:8.
NOTE: Do we not learn that the saints’ dwelling place is in the holy city with Christ?
20. Will not the holy city still be on earth at the end of the Millennium?
“And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them,” Revelation 20:9.
21. Since Christ must reign till all enemies are put under His feet, I Corinthians 15:25, then will not His throne endure the flames which destroy the wicked?
“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever,” Hebrews 1:8. “As we have heard, so we have seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God; God will establish it forever. Selah,” Psalm 48:8.