1. On what day was John in the spirit while on the Isle of Patmos?
“I was in the spirit on the Lord’s day,” Revelation 1:10.
2. What day does Christ say He is Lord of?
“Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath,” Mark 2:28.
3. Which day is the Sabbath of the Lord?
“But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God,” Exodus 20:10.
4. For whom was the Sabbath or Lord’s day made?
“And He said unto them: The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath,” Mark 2:27.
5. In what age of the world was the Sabbath or Lord’s day made?
“Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them, and on the seventh day God ended His work which he had made, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which he had made,” Genesis 2:1, 2.
6. Did not God bless and sanctify the seventh day?
“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it,” Genesis 2:3.
7. Why did God bless and sanctify the seventh day?
“Because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made,” Genesis 2:3.
8. In the decalogue what is the seventh day called?
“Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God,” Exodus 20:9, 10.
9. What does Isaiah, speaking for God through the Holy Ghost, call the seventh day Sabbath?
“If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My Holy Day,” Isaiah 58:13.
10. Was Christ an observer of His own day?
“And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up: and as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read,” Luke 4:16.
11. On what day of the week did Christ arise from the dead?
“In the end of [R. V. or late on] the Sabbath, as it began to dawn [or draw on] toward the first day of the week,” Matthew 28:1.
NOTE: By the above scriptures we not only learn that the Sabbath day is the Lord’s day, but we also learn that it was Christ’s custom to observe that day, and He also arose from the dead on the Sabbath, or Lord’s day.
12. Did the followers of Christ keep the Sabbath or Lord’s day?
“And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment,” Luke 23:56.
13. Did they observe it after His resurrection?
“And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,” Acts 17:2. See also Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 16:13; 18:1-4, 11.
14. Since Paul and Christ were both Sabbath day observers, should we be followers of them?
“Be ye followers of me, [Paul] even as I also am of Christ,” I Corinthians 11:1.
15. Was Christ’s life to be the light of the world?
“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world; he that followeth Me shall not be in darkness, but shall have the light of life,” John 8:12.
Who is on the Lord’s side,
There’s a right and wrong side,
Where stand you?
Thousands on the wrong side
Choose to stand,
Still ’tis not the strong side,
True and grand.
Come and join the Lord’s side:
Ask you why? _
Tis the only safe side
By and by.