Lesson for April 17, 2021
CHURCH OF GOD DOCTRINE
Scripture Reading: Matthew 15:1-20.
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 32:2.
- What should we recognize in studying the Sacred Scriptures? 2 Timothy 3:16.
- Who are able to learn the doctrine of God? Isaiah. 28:9; John 7:17, 18.
- What kind of doctrine should we accept? Prov. 4:1, 2.
- How will sound doctrine affect our moral and spiritual life? Deuteronomy 32:2; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.
- Against what doctrines did Jesus warn? Matthew 16:6, 12.
- What was wrong with the doctrine of the Pharisees? Matthew 15:9.
Note. They did not teach the people to sin directly, but indirectly.
- What kind of leaders were the Pharisees called by Jesus? Mathew 15:14.
- What admonition is given to all Church of God members? Hebrews 13:9.
- What does the doer do with sound doctrine? Titus 2:10.
- What further duty is required of the church? 2 Timothy 4:2.
Note. There are many conflicting teachings in the different groups over the world. It matters not what any person might think or say. Our words must be according to His Word —The Written Word. Only then, there will be no contradiction. First comes Faith; then Virtue (His power —cleansing and purity).