Lesson for April 25, 2020.
THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE
Scripture reading: Isaiah 59:1-16.
Memory verse: Isaiah 53:6
- What condition prevailed before Christ came similar to those of today? Isaiah 59:2,3
- Was there any intercessor? Verse 16.
- Could true and justice be found in that time? Verses 14, 15.
Note: Truth and justice are very closely related, for there is no justice without truth, and truth can never be put down.
- Was the situation remedied, and by whom? Verse 16, last part, and verse 17.
- What were some of the things for which the Father sent the Messiah into the world? Isa. 61: 1, 2.
- When the Messiah came did He speak of Himself? John 8:17, 18.
- Who gave special witnesses that He was the Son of God? Matt. 3:16, 17.
Note: Some say that He was not the Son of God, but in making this claim they deny the Father because He spoke from heaven saying: “This is My beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased.” Matt. 3:17.
- Before He came into the world was the truth hidden, or at least not discerned? Matt. 13: 34, 35; 1 Cor 2:7, 8.
- What special promise is given to the Remnant people? John 8:31, 32.
Note: The Saviour healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, and opened their understanding, forgave their sins, comforting their hearts by the words of the Gospel, He was indeed the Word made flesh and the light of the world.
- What did he promise to send in his place when He went away and for what purpose? John 15:26, 14:26, 27.
- What is further said about truth being our protector in the perils of the last days? Psalms 91:4
- What will happen to people who do not love the truth, and have no desire for it? 2 Thess. 2:9-12.