Lesson for August 10, 2019.
THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT
Scripture reading: Ephesians 6:1-24.
Memory verse: Exodus 20:12.
- Must children be obedient in order to be pleasing to the Lord? Colossians 3:20; 1 Timothy 5:4.
- Are children to continue to hearken to their parents even when they are well up in years? Proverbs 23:22.
- Was Jesus an example in obeying his mother and Joseph? Are we to follow this example? Luke 2:51; 1 Corinthians 11:1.
- What wonderful blessing will God shower upon those who honor and obey their parents? Ephesians 6:1-3.
- What awful curse has God pronounced upon disobedient children? Exodus 21:17; Proverbs 30:17; Matthew 15:5, 6.
- What will one of the prominent sins of the last days be? 2 Timothy 3:2.
- How are children to regard the aged? Leviticus 19:32.
- What did Abraham teach his children? Genesis 18:18, 19.
- If we wish to lay claim to the promise, as heirs of Abraham, what must we do? John 8:39.
- How diligently should parents teach their children? Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4.
- What good fruits will proper child training produce? Proverbs 29:17, 15.
- Is there danger in delaying correction too long? Proverbs 19:18; 13:24.
Note. — Every Christian family should have a family altar, it is the parents’ duty to see that every child of the family is present. As soon as a child is old enough to read and to pray it should be given a definite part in the family worship.