Lesson for August 17, 2019.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Scripture reading: Luke 6:17-38.
Memory verse: Matthew 7:12.
- What did God, through Moses, give to His people to obey? Deuteronomy 4:40 (first part).
- Were these commandments given just to show God’s authority over man, or would man be benefited by keeping them? Deuteronomy 4:40 (last part).
- If all men had obeyed the commandments of God, would there be war today? Isaiah 48:17, 18.
- Some people pick out certain commandments and say that they are greater than others. What question was Jesus once asked concerning this? Matthew 22:36.
- What answer did Jesus give the lawyer? Did He say that any certain commandments were greater? Matthew 22:37-40.
- Jesus said that He gave us a new commandment. Is it any different from the other ten? John 13:34; John 15:12.
- What then is the very foundation and the fulfilling of the whole Ten Commandment law? Galatians 5:14.
- What does the Apostle John tell us concerning the commandment of love? 1 John 4:7-11.
- In order to obey this great command of love, what must we do? Luke 6:31-38.
- Some people say they love God, and yet they cannot seem to say enough evil about their neighbors and friends. Do these people really love God? 1 John 4:20.
- What proves to the world that we are genuine Christian people? 1 John 3:14-19; John 13:35.