Lesson for August 28, 2021
THE SIN OF COVETOUSNESS
Scripture reading: 1 Tim. 6:1-19.
Memory verse: Luke 12:15.
- How does Paul describe the condition of the people in the last days? 2 Tim 3:2.
- Does the Lord bless the covetous, wicked people? Psa. 10:3. (see Margin)also verse 4.
- What striking example do we have of covetousness in Acts 5:1-10?
- What did Jesus say in regard to covetousness? Luke 12:15-20.
- What did Paul say about covetousness? 1 Tim. 6:10.
- When Jesus told the young man to sell what he had, what did he do? Matt. 19:17-22.
- Is there more than one way to covet? 1 Cor. 12:31.
- Which one of the Apostles was a covetous man, and what was the result? Matt. 26:14-16; 27:3-5.
- Will the covetous people inherit the Kingdom of God? 1 Cor. 6:9, 10.
- What about Felix and Paul — was Felix a covetous man? Acts 24:24-26.
- How should we use surplus earthly gain that we may have eternal blessings? Matt. 6:19-21.
Note. Let us be honest with the Father, and covet only heavenly treasures and virtues, seeking earthly gain to use for the Father’s glory in giving bread of life to the hungry.