Lesson for August 21, 2021
THE NINTH COMMANDMENT
Scripture Reading: Matthew 26:57-75.
Memory Verse: Exodus 20:16
- Whose testimony was accepted at the trial of Jesus when He was condemned before the high priest? Matthew 26:59-60.
- What lie did they tell? Matthew 26:61.
Note. Jesus had said “Destroy this temple” and in three days I will raise it up again; But the people being carnal, understood not that Jesus was speaking about His Body and not about a building made by man. John 2:19.
- In what strong words did the great apostle Paul admonish the converts at Ephesus? Ephesians 4:24, 25.
- Will the forgers of lies go unpunished? Proverbs 19:5; 6:16-19.
- Dare we as brethren think evil of one another? Zechariah 7:9, 10, 13.
- What class of people will use their mouth to destroy their fellow man? Proverbs 11:9, 12, 13.
- How does God warn against raising a false report? Exodus 23:1.
- Must we expect false accusers to be on the increase in these days in which we live; and will those who are good be despised? 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
- Who is the father of all false witnessing and lies? John 8:44.
- Will there be a people in the last days who will be deluded and believe and trust in lies? 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12.
- What happened to a man and his wife when they had agreed to lie to Peter? Acts 5:1-10.
- Why did a young prophet lose his life? 1 Kings 13:18, 19, 24-26.
- In what class are the liars? Revelation 22:15.
Note. When we as Christians hear a report about anyone or anything, we should be very sure that it is correct before we believe it or repeat it to the detriment of somebody, lest we become guilty of believing and loving a lie. It is important for us to seek the truth in all things. We should always keep our minds open for the truth and on guard against deception. What terrible fate awaits all liars? Revelation 21:8.
- What terrible fate awaits all liars? Revelation 21:8.