Lesson for December 12, 2020
SERVICE AND REWARD
Scripture reading: Revelation 21
Memory verse: Revelation 21:27
- Do we as laborers for God receive a portion of our reward in this life? Mark 10:28-30
- Will every man be rewarded according to the part each had in the work? 1 Cor. 3:8; John 4:36-37
- Will even the smallest act, if done for the Lord, be rewarded? Mark 9:41.
- Will not one of the greatest joys be in seeing those for whom we have labored, saved in the Kingdom of God? 1 Thess. 2:19, 20
- What promise does the Lord give us that in sowing His word, there will be results accomplished? Isaiah 55:10, 11
- How much does Christ promise His laborers? Matthew 20:8.
- To what is the glory of our reward compared? Daniel 12:3
- Does our Saviour promise to share even His own joy with his faithful laborers? Matthew 25:19, 21
Note. The Son of man came “not to be ministered unto BUT to minister” Matthew 20:28. It was not for Himself that He lived, though labored and died. He is our example, and we are to live and walk as He lived and walked. Our purpose and object in this short life will be to follow Him, and to live for the same work. He often spent the whole night in prayer and meditation before heaven, receiving divine charging of virtue and power by which miracles were wrought.
- When will each one having a part in this work receive his final reward? Matthew 16:27; Revelation 22:12.
- To insure our reward, how long must we continue faithful in our labour? Revelation 2:10.
Note. We can overcome the desire for the pleasure of this old world by spending a few moments at times during the day alone with our mind on the glory of heaven, with thanksgiving and praise for a measure of victory and peace already given, as we seek for more. A magnetic power will gradually enter into your very life and soul, that will give you the complete victory over self and over everything sinful and worldly.
- What assurance is given to those who do not become weary in well-doing? Galatians 6:9
- What does the Lord say of the wisdom of those who decide to give themselves to the work of winning souls for the kingdom? Proverbs 11:30.