Lesson for December 5, 2020
RUNNING THE WINNING RACE
Scripture Reading Psalms 19
Memory Verse Isaiah 40:31
- How are we admonished to run this race? Heb12: 1, last part.
- In running, what two things should we lay aside? Verse1 middle part.
- How is the number of our witness described? Verse 1, first part.
- To whom should we look while running in this race? Verse 2, first part.
- What was Solomon’s and Paul’s observation concerning those who run in this race? Eccl.9:11, first part, Roman 9:16
- How is the glory of God, as revealed in the heavenly planets, described? Psa. 19:1-3
- To what extent is this glory extended? Verses 4,6
- How is their going compared with him who runs in a race? Verses 5.
Note: – This race is not for the swift, nor is the battle for the strong. Yet King David indicates that it takes a strong man to run a race. Eccl. 9:11 represent those who make sporadic effort in the beginning of their race and quickly fail under tests, while Romans 19:16 represents those who realize their nothingness and seek strength daily in the altar of prayer to endure.
- What important question did Paul ask the Corinthians about racing? 1 Cor. 9:24. First part.
- How were they admonished to run? Verse 24, last part.
Note. – There will be no 2nd, 3rd nor consolation prizes at the end of this race. All who will receive eternal life must be overcomers.
- What is required of those who would win in this race? Verse 25
- How did Paul run and fight in order to win in this race? verse 26
- What is said to those who wait on the Lord? Isaiah 40:31