Lesson for February 11, 2023
THE BOOK OF REVELATION AND THE BEAST WHOSE DEADLY WOUND IS HEALED
Scriptural Reading: Daniel 7th chapter; also Revelation 13:1-3.
Memory Verse: “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy of this book, and keep these things written therein for the time is at hand.” Revelation 1:3.
- For what purpose and to whom was the book of Revelation given? Revelation 1: 1.
- Where is the beast first introduced in the Scriptures? Daniel 7:2, 7.
- What happens immediately after the time given for these four beasts to rule? Verse 9, 10.
- Was Daniel troubled about this vision, and what did he do? Verses 15, 16.
- What information did the angel give? Verses 17, 18.
- Which one of these four beasts was Daniel particularly concerned with? Verses 19, 20.
- How long did Daniel see this beast (under the little horn dominion) making war with the saints? Verses 21, 22.
Note. Inasmuch as this fourth beast power is to be here and exercising its power against the true remnant people now, and in the future until the time comes for us to possess the kingdom, it is surely of great importance to know just what and where it is. It is against this beast, therefore, that the last message of warning is to be given.
- What did the angel tell Daniel this beast represented, and also its ten horns? Verses 23, 24.
- How do these beasts compare with the beasts of Revelation? Revelation 13:1,2.
Note. Let us examine this beast. The beasts in Daniel were the lion, the bear, the leopard, and the other beast without a name. Notice further it says this Revelation beast was like a leopard, with the feet of the bear, and the mouth of the lion. Hence we have these three beasts of Daniel composing this one in Revelation. But notice further that this Revelation beast also had seven heads and ten horns. Also notice that this was the exact number of all of the heads and horns of the beasts of Daniel. Hence the Revelation beast is a perfect incarnation of all of the four beasts. Also the Roman empire, the fourth to rule the world, controlled all of the territory formerly under all of these four beasts, hence it was an amalgamation of them all into the one.
- What is said further (comparing Daniel and Revelation) concerning the beast –the work and persecuting power and the extent of his power? Daniel 7:25 (last part of verse) and also Revelation 13:5-7.
Note. Now let us again compare Daniel and Revelation. The length of time (the 42 months in verse 5) that the Revelation beast was to have power over the saints, is also identical with the “times and half a time” of Daniel 7:25.
- What is said about this beast under one head domination, being wounded by the sword? Was the deadly wound healed? Revelation 13:3, 12-18.