Lesson for February 4, 2023
SIGNS OF THE TIME
Scripture reading: Matthew 24:7-27.
Memory verse: 2 Timothy 3:1.
NOTE: There are many prophecies in the Bible concerning the last days. We are told to watch and pray lest these things would fall upon us as a thief in the night. The Bible says that no one will know the day or hour of the Saviour’s return, however we are given many signs to make us aware of the days in which we live, the last days. Let us look at a few of the more obvious happenings recorded for us in the Bible: past, present and in the days yet to come.
- OUTPOURING OF THE SPIRIT Acts 2:17, read also Mark 16:17.
- BACKSLIDING AND FALSE DOCTRINE 1 Timothy 4:1.
- UNBELIEF AND SCOFFERS. 2 Peter 3:3.
- GREAT DECEIVERS. Matthew 24:24.
- WORLD WIDE DISASTERS. Luke 21:11 read also Matthew 24:7.
- HARD TIMES UPON THE EARTH. 2 Timothy 3:1.
- REBIRTH OF ISRAEL. Micah 4:1 read also Jeremiah 29:14.
- NATURE’S BALANCE UPSET. Luke 21:25.
- SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST. 2 Thessalonians 2:9 read also 1 John 4:3 and 2 John 1:7.
- Will we know the time of His return? Acts 1:7.
- What is promised to those that hear the words of prophecy, and keep what is written within? Revelation 1:3.
- What is the message to the world in these last days? Mark 1:15.