Lesson for February 29, 2020.
PAUL’S FINAL MESSAGE TO THE CHURCH
Scripture Reading: 2 Timothy 4:1-8.
Memory Verse: 1 Timothy 5:7.
- Before whom did Paul give his final charge, and at what time did he say the living and the dead would be judged? 2 Timothy 4:1.
- What did he admonish his people to preach, and what of the use of doctrine? 2 Timothy 4:2.
- What prophecy did he give of the people’s attitude towards sound doctrine? 2 Timothy 4:3.
- How did he say the people of the last days would generally consider truth, and to what would they be turned? 2 Timothy 4:4.
- How did he instruct Timothy relative to affliction in connection with the work before him? 2 Timothy 4:5.
- Was Paul reconciled to his fate and ready to lay down his life? 2 Timothy 4:6.
- Was he thoroughly satisfied with the battle of his life he had so incessantly fought, and did he know he had won the victory? 2 Timothy 4:7.
NOTE: Every child of God should be satisfied with his life. He should know day by day that he is fighting the good fight of faith.
- What was now Paul’s great comfort and hope, and to what time did he look, expectant of receiving his reward? 2 Timothy 4:8 [last part].
- Who was it that stood by Paul, giving him strength to fight the battle of life? 2 Timothy 4:17.
- Was Paul the most concerned about deliverance from afflictions or from evil work? 2 Timothy 4:18.
- In Paul’s last admonition to Titus what did he say about denying ungodliness and lust? Titus 2:12.
- To what should we constantly look with joy and anticipation? Titus 2:13; 2 Timothy 4:8, [last part].
Leave A Comment