Lesson for January 1, 2022
THE ABRAHAMIC PROMISE
Scripture reading: Genesis 22:1-16.
Memory verse: Galatians 3:16.
- By whom was the promise unto Abraham? Genesis 22:15, 16.
- Why was the promise made unto Abraham? Genesis 22:18.
- Of what did the Abrahamic promise consist? Genesis 22:17, 18. (Territory, people, power, agency for blessing).
Note. Notice this unfolding promise in Genesis 12:2; 13:15, 16; 15:5.
- What extent of territory was promised unto Abraham? Genesis 15:18; Romans 4:13.
- Through whose seed were all people to be blessed? Genesis 22:18.
- How many sons were born unto Abraham? Genesis 16:15; 25:1, 2; 21:2.
- Was this promise to be fulfilled through one son or many of the descendants of Abraham? Galatians 3:16.
- Through what descendant of Abraham was the seed to come? Genesis 21:12; Romans 9:7.
- How wonderful was the fulfillment of the Abrahamic promise? Genesis 15:6.
- Why was Abram’s name changed to Abraham? Genesis 17:5.
- Even though many are Abraham’s literal descendants, how can they be sure that they will inherit the promises? Galatians 3:29; John 8:39.