Lesson for January 8, 2022
THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
Scripture reading: Genesis 15:1-18.
Memory verse: Galatians 3:16.
- Who made a covenant with Abraham? Genesis 15: 18; 17:2.
- The Lord swore by whom to confirm His covenant? Genesis 22:16; Hebrews 6:13.
- What promise constitute the Abrahamic covenant? Genesis 22:17, 18.
Note. A promise of numerous descendants, power over enemies, and blessing to all mankind.
- Was this covenant conditional upon future actions by Abraham and his seed, or certain because of past faithfulness on Abraham’s part? Genesis 22:18; 26:5.
- How numerous was Abraham’s seed to be? Genesis 13:16; 15:5; 22:17.
- How many nations would trace their origin to Father Abraham? Genesis 17:5.
- What territory did the covenant give Abraham’s numerous descendants? Genesis 15:18.
- Through which particular seed was the covenant to be confirmed? Genesis 17:21.
- Will the territory still be greater than Palestine? Romans 4:13; Matthew 5:5.
- What is this covenant called? Genesis 17:7.
- With what words did Zechariah refer to the Abrahamic covenant? Luke 1:67-69.
- How can everyone lay claim to this covenant, and obtain the inheritance? Ephesians 2:12, 13.