Lesson for January 15, 2022
MOSES, GOD’S CHOSEN INSTRUMENT
Note. Moses’ life was divided into three parts: 1. in the courts of Egypt; 2. in the desert as the tender of Jethro’s flocks; 3. in the wilderness with the people of Israel. Each of these periods was forty years.
Scripture reading: Deut 34:1-8
Memory verse: Hebrews 11:24, 25
- Discuss the circumstances which brought Israel in Egypt and placed them in bondage. See Ex. 1:1-14
- How did Moses, a Hebrew come to be called the Son of Pharaoh’s daughter? Ex. 1:15-22; 2:1-10
Note. Josephus tells us that Pharaoh’s Daughter Thermuthis had no child of her own. Moses was reared to become Pharaoh’s successor and as a general of the army, led a very successful campaign into Ethiopia.
- What was the turning point in Moses’ life and how did it come about? Ex. 2:11-25
- How did Moses spend the second period of his life, and how did it end? Ex. Chapters 3,4.
- How did Moses launch his career as a leader of Israel? Exodus 4:29-31; 5:1-6
- What four great experiences marked the early days of his leadership? Chapter 7 through 34 of Exodus mentions them. They should be well–known without reading. Discuss the high point which he experienced during this time of testing.
- How long did Moses lead Israel, and why were they so long in the wilderness? Num. 14:1-5, 26-29
- What was the end of Moses? Deut. 34:1-8
- What good report does Paul give concerning Moses’ life? Hebrews 3:1-5.