Lesson for January 11, 2020.
THE HOUSE OF DAVID
Scripture reading: Psalms 89:1-37.
Memory verse: Revelation 22:16.
- From what tribe of Israel was David? Matthew 1:3-6.
- Who anointed him king over Israel? 1 Samuel 16:13; Psalms 89:20.
- Because of his faithfulness, what did the Lord promise him? 2 Samuel 7:8, 12-16.
- What is written in the Psalms about this covenant? Psalms 89:3,4,2729.
- If his descendants sin what will be the results? Psalm 89:30-32.
- Will this cause the good Lord to break His covenant? Psalms 89:30-32.
- How long will this covenant with David continue? Psalms 89:35-37; 139:11,12.
- Will he ever want a son to sit on his throne? Jer. 33:21
- How sure is this covenant? Jer. 33:19-22.
Note. The Sun, Moon and stars are still in the firmament, so must David’s seed always be on the throne.
- What descendants of David shall finally sit on his throne? Matthew 1:1; Isaiah 9:6, 7.
- How long will His reign continue? Luke 1:31-33.
- Into what reign will His kingdom finally blend? 1 Co. 15:24; Zec. 14:9.