Lesson for January 18, 2020.
THE PRICE AND RESULT OF PRIDE
Scripture reading: Psa. 10.
Memory verse: Prov. 28:25.
- How are the evils of the proud described in God’s Holy Word? Isa. 2:11-13.
- What did pride bring to a city of Moab? Jer. 49:13-16,
- What is the source of all pride? 1 John 2:16.
- What is listed first among the seven things which the Lord hates? Prov. 6:16, 17.
- What will pride do to the person who is filled with it? Prov. 16:5.
- What did pride bring to Nebuchadnezzar? Dan. 5:18-21.
- Instead of endeavoring to lift ourselves to high stations in this life, what should we be doing? Rom. 12:16.
- How does true, genuine honor come to the faithful of the Lord our God? 1 Pet. 5:1-4.
- Even though man may be in a high place and state, does it excuse him for being proud? Psa. 39:5; 18:27.
- Does a man’s greatness consist of the things he possesses? Luke 12:15.
- What will happen to the exalted man who trusteth in himself? Luke 12:16-21.