Lesson for January 19, 2019
GRACE – GOD’S GREATEST GIFT
Scripture reading: Romans 5:1-21.
Memory verse: Romans 5:21.
- What is the first recorded act of grace towards fallen man? Genesis 3:21.
Note: The awfulness of sin and its consequences; death to the innocent party, is told in this short verse. Innocent blood shed that man might receive physical covering. Thus the first type was formed in the Old Testament. It pointed forward to the shed blood which would cover the spiritual man as completely as their first needs were met.
- How do we know that Abel was instructed regarding the plan of salvation? Gen. 4:4.
- What is the relationship between sin and grace? Romans 5:17-20.
Note: Just as surely as sin and death came through the fall of man, so much more are we assured it will pass away because of the death and resurrection of Jesus the Son of God.
- Even in ancient times, what two ways were open to man? Deut. 30:19; Jer. 21:8.
- How did Jesus express the same thought to the Jews? John 5:40.
- what message of grace should we be heralding today? Rev. 22:17.
Note: Down through the ages God has been extending His grace to the human race. Age after age tending His grace to the human race. Age after age they rejected His mercy and love until at last they crucified the very Son Himself. The closer we get to the second coming the more noticeable will be the rejection of the sacrifice He made. Yet to those who know Him, He is still as real as when He walked on this earth.
- To how many has the grace of God appeared? Titus 2:11-15.
- What shows the immeasurable love Christ has for us? 2 Cor. 8:9.
- How is grace further extended to us? Verse 12.
- What humble confession did Paul make? 1 Cor. 15:10.
- How did he express grace for the past, present, and future? 2 Cor. 1:10.
- In accepting Christ what is it possible to know? Acts 13:38, 39.