Lesson for July 13, 2019.
A CHRISTIAN HUSBAND
Scripture Reading Ephesians 5.
Memory Verse: Ephesians 5:28.
- What position does the husband occupy in the family? Ephesians 5:23.
- Why is this position of responsibility his? 1 Corinthians 11:8,9.
- What beautiful illustration of leadership preludes any abuse of this prerogative? Ephesians 5:24.
- To whom will the godly husband himself be subject? 1 Corinthians 11:3.
- How should husbands relate themselves to their wives? Colossians 3:19.
- What should be the degree of their affection? Ephesians 5:33.
- How will the love which a husband showers upon his wife return to him? Ephesians 5:28,29.
- What still nobler example of love is set before the husband? Ephesians 5:25.
- What is one beautiful example of love between husband and wife which the Scriptures provide? Genesis 24:67.
- In addition to bestowing upon his wife his love, what honour should the husband give her? 1 Peter 3:7.
- With what consideration should a husband treat his wife? 1 Corinthians 7:3.
- What responsibility has the husband to his household? 1 Timothy 5:8.
- How light does love make the hardest burdens? Genesis 29:20.
- What blessings does the Lord promise to the godly husband? Psalms 128:3.