Lesson for June 2, 2018
THE REDEMPTION OF MAN
Scripture reading: Romans 5.
Memory verse: Gal. 3:15 -18.
- When we were in a fallen condition how were we redeemed? Eph. 2:1; Gal. 3:13.
- How did this become possible when the judgment of death had been passed upon all mankind? John 3:16; Rom. 5:15.
- Will all men avail themselves of this redemption? Matt. 7:13, 14; Luke 13:23, 24.
- Will all men have the opportunity to accept this marvelous salvation? 1 John 2:2; 1 Tim. 2:3, 4.
Note. – As we are destitute of spiritual things, Jesus redeemed us, after having become our human kin, by shedding His precious blood. We find this is available to everyone that wished to be free from the tentacles of this sinful wicked world, Christ is everyman’s redeemer. — Gal. 1:3, 4.
- Along with redemption what else does Christ do? Titus 2:12, 14.
Note. — Jesus Christ not only redeems but His blood also purifies the saints who humbly walk before Him.
- What must Christians do continually in order to remain redeemed and pure? Job 11:14, 15; Luke 11:4; Ps. 34:18.
- What did the apostle Paul ask of the Christians living at Corinth? 2 Cor. 7:9-10.
- Redemption is actually a free gift from God. — Eph. 2:4-7.
- How did Paul glorify God for the love which was freely showered upon him while he was still a sinner? 1 Tim. 1:14-18.
Note. — Redemption affects the fallen man. Redemption lifts man to a higher level where he can grasp the wonderful love of God. To prove that man accepts the redemption offered him, he becomes baptized by water, becoming a new creature in Christ Jesus, seeking continually those things which are above.