Lesson for June 23, 2018
Scripture reading: Hebrews 13:9-21.
Memory verse: John 17:17.
- Must one first believe the Word in order to be sanctified? John 17:19.
- What does the blood of Jesus do? Heb. 13:21; 1 John 1:7.
- What other great part does the Lord Jesus play in our sanctification? Heb. 10:14.
- What part does the Holy Spirit play? Rom. 15:16; Acts 1:8.
Note. — To be sanctified is to be set apart for a holy purpose; God wants His servants to be separated and made perfect.
- What important work accompanies His sealing power? Eph. 1:13, 14; 2 Cor. 1:21, 22.
- Does God require us to be holy? 2 Cor. 7:1; Col. 1:21, 22.
- Then into what glorious state do we enter? Heb. 2:11.
- Is this in answer to Jesus’ prayer in John 17? Verses 21-23.
- Are we then ready to become useful servants for Him? 2 Tim. 2:19-21.
- If one has not met the requirements and become sanctified, what is he? 2 Cor. 13:5; Titus 1:16.
- When thus, set apart from the world (sanctified), shall we love the world, and desire to be like it? 1 John 2:15; Col. 3:1, 2; Rom. 12:2.
- When thus walking with God as did Enoch of old, shall we be burying our talents in earthy things or using them for the glory of the Heavenly Father as profitable servants in His vineyard? Matt. 25:17, 18, 19, and verse 30.
Leave A Comment