Lesson for June 5, 2021
REDEMPTION THROUGH YIELDING TO CHRIST
Scripture reading: Romans 6.
Memory verse: Romans 6:16.
- Why is a change necessary in man’s nature? Rom. 8:7, 8.
Note. To be carnal means to be fleshly or in man’s natural state.
- What excellent advice did Hezekiah give the people in his day? 2 Chron. 30:8.
- What blessings were to accompany their yielding in this instance? Verse 9.
- To what state did Paul liken yielding to God in Romans 6:13?
- Does this mean to continue in sin? Verses 14, 15.
- Why is it so vitally important that we be yielded to God rather than to the powers of evil? Rom. 6:16; Matt. 6:24.
- What will be the results of yielding to God? Rom. 6:11; 1 Pet. 2:24; Heb. 9:14, 15.
- What beautiful promise did Christ Jesus give to God? A person no longer strives in himself for righteousness, but puts on the righteousness of Christ Jesus. Instead He opens the door and lets Him in. — Rev. 3:20.
Note. This must not be misconstrued, for Christ said to strive to enter in at a strait gate.
- If a people try to establish their own righteousness what do they do? Romans 10:1-3.
- Do we need to fear that the burden will be too great to bear? Matt. 11:29, 30; 1 Pet. 5:7.
- After having found the Lord, and His true way to righteousness, will our lives be profitable to God in soul winning? John. 15:1, 2
Note. By this we can see that it is necessary to be completely surrendered when we come to Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour. — Matt. 11:28, 29.