Lesson for March 13, 2021
THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’S HAVE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH
Scripture Reading: Romans 6:1-18.
Memory Verse: Galatians 5:24.
- In the beginning of Romans 6, is Paul introducing a new subject, or is it a continuance of the subject of the previous chapter? Do you think Paul and other evangelists should dwell so much on this subject?
- In preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, did Paul lay more stress on the above subject, or more upon grace, love, etc? Romans 6:23.
- Just what do you think is meant by the title of this lesson? See Galatians 5:24; Colossians 3:5-9 as well as many others.
- According to Romans 6:3, 4, what does baptism signify?
- Now, if we die with Christ in the watery grave, are we set free from the curse of Adam? Romans 6:6, 7.
- Do you think the suffering of the flesh mentioned in I Peter 4:1, 2 refers to physical pain? Explain.
- How could the gospel have been preached to the dead as expressed in 1 Peter 4:6 and how can one be baptized for the dead as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:29?
- Will being dead unto sin and all things in this life benefit us in the life to come? Consider Romans 6:8-11.
- What wonderful admonition does Paul give in Romans 6:12, 13?
- Why did he give this admonition? Romans 6:14, 15.