Lesson for March 20, 2021
MY BODY IS MEAT INDEED, AND MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED
Scripture Reading: St. John 6:22-71.
Memory Verse: St. John 6:54.
- Where did Jesus go after feeding the five thousand? St. John 6:24-25.
- Why were the multitude, seeking Jesus? St. John 6:26.
- What did Jesus tell them about meat? From where did He say this meat could be obtained? St. John 6:27.
- Does it appear that the multitude thought they had this bread from Heaven? How did Jesus reply? St. John 6:31-35.
- How did the Jews respond to this statement which Jesus made? St. John 6:42.
- How did Jesus reply to their murmurings? St. John 6:48, 50, 51, 53-58.
- When Jesus introduced the Lord’s Supper, what did He say the unleavened Bread represented? St. Luke 22:19, St. Matt. 26:26. Compare with St. John 6:51, 53.
Note: While Jesus and His disciples were eating the Passover, Jesus took bread, blessed it and said, take eat this is my body. This unleavened bread represented His Body. The eating of the Passover lamb now was forever in the past. The Passover had become history. Jesus was introducing the Lord’s Supper.
- After partaking of the unleavened bread what did Jesus do? St. Luke 22:20; St. Matt. 26:27.
- What did Jesus say that the drink which was in the cup represented? St. Mark 14:24; St. Matt. 26:28; St. Luke 22:20 Compare with St. John 6:53, 54.
- What did the cup which Jesus gave His disciples contain? St. Mark 14:25; St. Matt. 26:29.
Note: The gospels of St. Mark, St. Luke and St. Matt, tell us that the cup which Jesus blessed contained the fruit of the vine. This was the pure blood of the grapes, which represents the precious Blood of Jesus. Please see Deut. 32:14, last part. Note the contents of this cup was not fermented wine, nor water, but the blood of the grapes, fruit of the vine.
- Is it scriptural to refer to the Lord’s Supper as communion? 1 Cor. 10:16.
Note: Paul in writing to the church of God at Corinth about the Lord’s Supper which Jesus introduced while they were eating the Passover, just before His cruel trial refers to it as the Lord’s Supper, or communion.
- Was Judas present and did he partake of the Lord’s Supper? St. Luke 22:21; St. John 13:18.
- What must each soul do before partaking of The Lord’s Supper? If we fail what will be the sad consequences? 1 Cor. 11:27-30.