Lesson for March 27, 2021
WHAT THE DEATH AND THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS MEAN TO US
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:1-23.
Memory Verses: 1 Corinthians 15:22, 23.
- What reason did Isaiah give for the prophesied death of Christ? Isaiah 53:8.
- Was the death of Christ the Son, appointed by God the Father? Isaiah 53:6, 10.
- Did the Son of God volunteer, or was He forced to die? Matthew 26:53; John 10:17, 18.
- Did Christ foretell His own death and resurrection? Matthew 20:18, 19, 16:21-23.
- What did Christ then become? Hebrews 5:8, 9.
- How must we commemorate Jesus’ death? 1 Corinthians 11:26-32.
- What did Jesus prophesy concerning His resurrection? John 2:19-22; Mark 9:31.
- Why was the life, the death and the resurrection of Christ Jesus, the Son of God, necessary? (a) To fulfill Scripture: Luke 24:44-46; (b) For forgiveness of sin: 1 Corinthians 15:17; (c) For justification: Romans 4:25; (d) To make intercession: Romans 8:34; Hebrews 9:24.
- What acts symbolize the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ? Romans 6:3-6.
- How did Christ reveal Himself unto John on the Isle of Patmos? Revelation 1:17, 18.