Lesson for May 11, 2019
JESUS CONDEMNS THE TRADITIONS OF MEN
Scripture reading: Matthew 15:1 -20.
Memory verse: Matthew 15:9.
- After the feeding of the multitudes, who came to Jesus? Matthew 15:1.
- What accusation did they lay against His disciples? Matthew 12:1, 2.
- What counter charge did Jesus make against them? Verse 3
- On what reason did Jesus base His charge? How did this affect their obligations to the commands of God? Verses 4-6.
- By what term did Jesus denounce them? Matthew 15:7.
- How did Isaiah describe this class? Verse 8.
- What did Jesus say about this kind of worship? Verse 9.
- Whose attention did He now invite? Verse 10.
- What did Jesus say defiles a man? Verse 11.
- Who did this offend? Verse 12.
- To what were these Pharisees likened? What did He say would be their end? Verse 14.
- What desire did Peter express? Verse 15.
- What did his question reveal? Verse 16,
- How did Jesus explain? Verses 17, 18.
- What defilement proceeds from a man’s heart? Verses 19, 20.
- Though the Pharisees have erred in this matter, what two-fold cleansing is recommended by Paul? 2 Corinthians 7:1 (first part).
- What should be the object of such cleansing? Verse 1 (last part).