Lesson for May 14, 2022
THE WATER OF LIFE
Scripture reading: Isaiah 12.
Memory verse: Revelation 22:17.
- What is God’s invitation to those who are thirsty? Isaiah 44:3; 51:1.
- By what means do we draw water from the wells of salvation? Isaiah 12:2, 3; Nehemiah 8:10 (last part).
- What simple request did Jesus make to the woman at Jacob’s well? John 4:6, 7.
- What was the woman’s reply? Verse 9.
- How did the woman react when Jesus told her about the living water? Verses 10-12.
Note. It is evident from the woman’s reply that she did not comprehend what the Master told her — she thought only of the temporal water.
- When a person receives the living water, are his innermost needs satisfied? John 4:13, 14; 6:35.
- On a different occasion what invitation did Jesus extend to all? John 7:37, 38.
- How did Jesus further define this Water of life? John 7:39.
- If we are filled with the Spirit, how will we walk? Galatians 5:16, 25, 26; Romans 6:11-13.
- What glorious fruit will be manifest in our lives if we are completely surrendered to the Saviour? Ephesians 5:9, 10; Galatians 5:22, 23.
Note. Many today do not yield themselves completely to the Lord, and do not have the deep, satisfying joy, in their Christian life — serving Christ to them is a burden instead of a joy. If you have not yielded your all to the Master —do so today!