Lesson for November 19, 2022
PROPHECIES CONCERNING THE FUTURE
Scripture reading: Isaiah 62.
Memory verse: Isaiah 62:6, 7.
- Is there to be a preparation work at Jerusalem before the Lord returns in glory? Isaiah 62:10.
- What will be a special message to the remnant people, “The daughterof Zion”, at this time? Verse 11.
- What is especially said of the people who take a prominent part in this preparatory work? Verse 12.
- What does the Bible say about the voice which is to be lifted up at Jerusalem and Israel before the return of the Lord? Isaiah 52:8-10.
- What did the prophet Micah say would take place at Jerusalem in the last days? Micah 4:1, 2.
Note. — The phrase “The last days” never refers to the period of time after the return of the Lord, but always to the period before. Hence, each of these prophets is telling of conditions to precede the return of our Saviour.
- What did the Psalmist David say about Zion? Psalms 2:6-9; 110:2, 3.
- King David’s throne was in Jerusalem. From where will Christ, our coming King, rule the world? Isaiah 9:7; Micah 4:7.
- What is said about the sun and the moon when Jerusalem becomes the capital of the world? Isaiah 24:23.
- What is further said about Jerusalem? Isaiah 33:20-22.
- How long will our Lord reign at Jerusalem? What will His work be? 1 Corinthians 15:22-26.