Lesson for November 2, 2019
SHEPHERDS OF THE FLOCK
Scripture reading: 1 Peter 5.
Memory verse: 1 Peter 5:8
- Who among us are appointed to feed the flock and strengthen them? 1 Peter 5:1-3
Note. The fact that some are called Elders indicates that they are not new in the faith and are preferably men with experience.
- To what are the members likened? 1 Peter 5:2-4.
- What special instruction is given to the younger ones? 1 Peter 5:5
- If they stumble, will the flock lack any blessings? 1 Peter 5:6, 7
- What is our best protection against an attack from the enemy? 1 Peter 5:8
- Should ye consider that our afflictions are worse than those of other people? 1 Peter 5:9; 1 Peter 4:12
- Should an Elder be treated with due respect? 1 Tim. 5:17
- What is a good rule for an Elder to follow, especially in these last days? II Tim. 3:13, 14, 16, 17.
- What was the charge that Paul gave Timothy? II Tim. 4:1-5
- Must the Elders be ready to minister to the sick at all times? James 5:14, 15.
- Whom should they take as their example of patience? James 5:10, 11, 17, 18.