Lesson for October 26, 2019
THE MIRACLE OF CONVERSION
Scripture reading: 2 Cor .5
Memory verse: 2 Cor. 5:17.
- Since the fall of Adam, how is our coming into this world described? Psa 51:5.
- How is the heart described? Jer. 17:9
- What illustration show to what depth sin penetrates the heart? Jer. 17:1.
- How does the apostle Paul further describe man’s condition? Rom 3:10-18.
Note. This is just what God sees of man in his natural condition. A heart like the above cannot do good. If there is to be a change then a miracle must be performed.
- How is the impossibility of changing ourselves described? Jer 13:23.
- How does God through Ezekiel describe the operation that changes a man’s heart? Ezekiel 36:24-26.
- After this operation is performed, and the Spirit of God comes in, what effect will it have upon us? Verse 27.
- What is the obligation of every sinner, if he must obtain pardon? Prov. 28:13.
- How is this principle emphasized in the New Testament? Acts 2:38, 3:19.
- What proves the miracle of conversion? Gal. 5:22, 23.