Lesson for November 23, 2019
NECESSITY FOR THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS
Scripture reading: 1 Cor. 12
Memory verse: Micah 3:8
- Is it the will of God that His church should know about the special gifts of the Holy Spirit? 1 Cor 12:1.
- What is said about the diversities of gifts, and the manifestation of the Holy Spirit? Verse 6, 7.
- What is said about the diversities of operation and administration of the Holy Spirit? Verses 4, 5.
Note. The manifestation of the Holy Spirit is given to profit withal, and the fact that God never changes in his manner or dealing with individuals proves that this same power, which operated then in these diversities of gifts, is still being manifested among the children of God.
- What are the first gifts of the Holy Spirit in order that one should acquire them? Verse 8.
- What is the third gift of the Holy Spirit in its order of special need, which wisdom and knowledge of the Word assists us in acquiring? First part of verse 9; Rom. 10:17
Note. It will be observed that faith is one of the special gifts of the Spirit which comes as a consequence of the two preceding gifts of wisdom and knowledge. The Lord gives instruction also to study (2 Tim. 2:15), but unless the Holy Spirit is sought and obtained for this work, it will result largely in mechanical instead of spiritual development. The things of God are spiritually discerned: therefore, we noted the gifts of the Holy Spirit to properly understand and receive the correct interpretation of the scriptures.
- What is the fourth gift of the Holy Spirit? Verse 9, last part.
- What are the other gifts? Verse 10.
- Does every the person connected with the body of Christ possess some of the gifts of the Holy Spirit? Verse 11, last part