Lesson for November 24, 2018
THE SIGNS OF HIS COMING
Scripture reading: Luke 21:24-36.
Memory verse: Luke 21:36.
- Is it possible for man to know the exact time of the second coming of Christ? Matthew 24:36.
- Will the people of the world have any warning of this great event? Luke 21:25.
- What will be the condition of the world just before the Lord’s return? Luke 21:25, 26.
- When these signs began to pass what will be seen by men, and how will the people of God react? Luke 21: 27, 28.
- What is said about the condition of Jerusalem during the period when the gospel is going out to all nations? Verse 24.
- What will it signify when Jerusalem ceases to be trodden down by the Gentiles? Verse 24.
- What other conditions today (besides the Jews returning to the Promised Land) show us that the end is very near? Verse 25.
- How does the apostle John speak of the world situation just before the end? Revelation 11:18.
- What signs are to be observed in the force of nature? Matthew 24:7.
Note. — In America alone a major crime is committed every twenty seconds. Never before were there such perilous times. Scientists are now frightened and are prophesying destruction by atomic warfare.
- What about conditions in the religious and social world just before His return? 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
- What did the angel tell Daniel about our advanced age of knowledge? Daniel 12:4.