Lesson for October 21, 2023
ABRAHAM, THE FRIEND OF GOD
Scripture reading: Genesis 12:1-9.
Memory verse: Romans 4:3.
- How was Abraham a descendant of Noah? Genesis 11:22-26.
- What was his name originally, and who were his father and his brothers? Genesis 11:26, 27.
- Discuss verses 28-32. There is at least one point of importance in each verse.
- What promise was made to Abraham? Genesis 12:1-3; 6-7.
- With what was Abraham concerned at this time? 15:1-5.
- Sarai’s handmaid, Hagar, bore a son, Ishmael, to Abram. However, this was not his heir. Discuss chapter 17:1-22. Note significant changes in Abram’s and Sarai’s names.
- Genesis 17:17 speaks of the age of Abraham as being about 100 years, and Sarah’s about 90 (verse 21). What was the great test of Abraham’s faith after the birth of Isaac? Genesis 22:1, 2.
- What relationship did Abraham have with God? 2 Chronicles 20:7; James 2:23.