Lesson for October 28, 2023
ABRAHAMIC COVENANT FULFILLED
Scripture Reading: Ezekiel 34:20-31.
Memory Verse: Galatians 3:7.
- Besides a numerous seed, great power and extensive possessions, what was the crowning promise of the Abrahamic covenant? Genesis 22:18.
- Through whom were all nations to be blessed? Genesis 22:18.
- This covenant which passes down through Isaac and Jacob to Israel was repeated by the Holy Prophets. What reference is there to it in the New Testament? Luke 1:54,55,72; Galatians 3:7,8,14,16.
- Was Jesus the Messiah called the King of Israel? John 1:49; John 12:13; Luke 1:32.
- Over what people will He reign? Luke 1:33; Revelation 11:15.
- How did Ezekiel describe this reign? Ezekiel 34:13; Ezekiel 34:23-29; Ezekiel 37:22-27.
- What is Jeremiah’s prophecy concerning this? Jeremiah 3:14,15; Jeremiah 23:3,4; Jeremiah 31:31-34.
- What is Micah’s vision? Micah 4:3.
- What is Zechariah’s prophecy concerning the future of the people who rejected and crucified their king? Zechariah 8:2,6,7,11-15.
- What was the apostle Paul’s record of the crowning event? Romans 9:27,28.
- What prize is there for the anointed ones? Galatians 3:29; Revelation 21:3-5.
- How can we be sure to have an inheritance there? Revelation 21:7.