Lesson for October 24, 2020
Scripture reading: Acts 8:5-25.
Memory verse: Joshua 3:5.
- What is one of the primary purposes of miracles? Exodus 4:5; Numbers 16:28; Exodus 19:9; John 2:23.
- What was the purpose of the plagues in Egypt? Exodus 7:5; 9:29.
- When the manna and the quails fell among Israel was the Lord magnified? Exodus 16:6, 12-15.
- Did Elijah use a miracle to show the children of Israel that the Father in Heaven was the true God? 1 Kings 18:23, 24; 37-39.
- For what purpose was Jesus’ greatest miracle performed? John 11:41-43.
Note. — The working of a miracle is a wonderful thing! It may be contrary to the established laws or constitution of nature. But God is the creator of nature and its laws; therefore, God also is able to create miracles which are contrary to these laws.
- What did Jesus tell the nobleman who came to Him for the healing of his son? John 4:48.
- Why did Jesus refer to Lot’s wife when telling of His second coming? Luke 17:26-32.
- After the ascension of Christ was the gift of miracles still prevalent? Acts 3:12, 16; 4:9, 10.
- Should we continue to praise the Lord and expect miracles? 2 Chronicles 7:3; Matthew 15:31; Luke 5:26.