Lesson for October 3, 2020
PREACHING THE GOSPEL
Scripture reading: 1 Thessalonians 1 and 2.
Memory verse 2 Corinthians 3:2.
- What special message must go out to the world before the second advent of Jesus Christ? Matthew 24:14.
- Why was the Word of God written and how is it to be preached? 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 4:2.
- What has Solomon to say on this subject? Ecclesiastes 11:1-4, 6.
- What conditions must the preacher of the Gospel endure? 2 Timothy 2:3, 4; Hebrews 12:1.
- What is awaiting those who enduringly and diligently sow the precious Gospel seed? Psalms 126:5, 6; Revelation 21:4.
- Why was the Thessalonians church commended? 1 Thessalonians 1:5-8.
- What condition will exalt a nation or church? Proverbs 14:34.
- What two ways of preaching the Gospel did Paul mention? Philippians 1:15-17.
- Which way is not advisable? Philippians 2:14, 15.
- How important is a chaste conversation? 1 Peter 2:11-12; Matthew 12:36.
- What is a good way of spreading the Gospel? 2 Corinthians 3:1-4.
- What good example are we given as regards preaching the Gospel? Matthew 5:16.v